After VBS last summer, I have been working with my children to prepare them to be better equipped to share the Gospel. We've been memorizing the Romans Road and lots more. But there was something I was missing that I couldn't put my finger on.
My pastor nailed it. It was the steps to sharing it faithfully. Correctly. And when I asked my kids Monday morning if anybody thought they could lead someone to Christ confidently, without worrying if they would mess up or leave something important out, they all answered "no".
Perfect! Just what we need. And if this is something that you would like to learn about, will you follow me as I re-cap what we're learning each week? If you don't have a Bible, that's ok. I have all the Scripture linked to Biblegateway.com. Just click on the highlights.
This is what we will be discussing every week.
1. The Gospel call is universal ~for everyone and must be presented for anyone to respond to Christ. 2Peter 3:9 1 Tim 2:3-4
2. God tells us to take the Gospel message to all people. Matt28:18-20 Mark 13:10
3. All people need to hear the Gospel. Rom 10: 13-15 & 17
How To Share The Gospel Faithfully
1. Explain the facts of the Gospel.
a. All people have sinned against God. Romans3 :23
b. The penalty for sin is death. Romans 6:23
c. The solution! Jesus died to pay the penalty for our sins. (the good news!!) Romans 5:8
2. Invite the person to repent and trust in Christ. 2 Cor 5:20 Will you respond? Do you trust this message?
3. Present God's promise of forgiveness and reconciliation. There are benefits! Matt 11:28 Mark 16:16 Acts 2:21, 16:31 Romans 10:9
The Bible says that we are all sinners. And because of our sin, we are separated from God. But God has made a way for us through His Son, Jesus Christ. Jesus died for sin once and for all so that all could be saved. And through Him, we have eternal security and a relationship with God the Father.
If you believe this and are interested in learning more please let me know. I'd love to talk about this with you!
No comments:
Post a Comment