Thursday, January 20, 2011

Lovin' The Snow!


Do you know how much I love this kid!? She is sweeping the snow off our elderly neighbor, Ms Ruby's, driveway. Ms Ruby is one of the neighbors that usually likes us and Lane's sweetness is one of the reasons. Of course I also thought that there was a good chance that Ms Ruby might be upset with her for messing up the snow. (That sorta thing happens around here.)

Funny thing is when Lane came in she said she was hoping Ms Ruby wouldn't catch her b/c she might be mad at her for messing up the snow. Turns out Ms Ruby came out with candy for her, thanking her. So we're safe!

Love this face!

Fixin' to make a snowman.
Everyone walked to the park to sled (except Mally and ZBoy) and I put on a pot of soup and hot chocolate. Perfect day!
One of my favorite things is bundling up snow babies. I love pulling out snow suits, seeing which one fits who now, poking little fingers into gloves, and making sure everyone remembers their hats.
Then off they go! And they come in with little red cheeks, cold noses, messy clothes, and begging for hot chocolate. Love it.

4 comments:

Aspiring Mom2three said...

What fun it looks like ya'll were having. I expected it to snow a bit longer, but we'll take what we have! How nice for Lane to bless someone by doing a hard job. I can just imagine Ms. Ruby peeking out from behind her curtain watching her work and maybe smiling.

Wendy said...

Sounds like a perfect day! I remember sharing a couple like that with your gang...

Miss y'all!

robbieniccum said...

I can honestly say you are the first mom I have ever heard say she LOVES bundling up the kids for snow days. :P You are sooo very interesting to me. :D

Carri Roman said...

Love Lane. So fun!