A new week and a new month (almost). 1/12 of the year is gone. Already it has been eventful.
~Eventful might be the word to describe this week too. Lots of appts. My son gets the rest of his braces off today. Honey and I go to the rheumatologist tomorrow. And our "fine nine" has surgery to remove adenoids and tonsils Wednesday.
~The "eventfulness" is catching up with Honey and I'm a bit concerned for him.
~Did you see my green and yellow belts? They are so happy. This week we get to add their service patches and the special kick patches to their outfits. What are those outfits called anyway?
~Today is our first science class since before Christmas. I've missed Andie.
~I didn't get to talk about Awana last week so I'll give you a quick peek into the past. Fantastic as always and the youth from the week before were back. I'm hoping for a chance to get to know them better as time goes on. I only had 3 little boys in my class but guess what?
I'm sitting in the sanctuary waiting for the welcoming/opening thingy when I feel a tap on my shoulder from behind. I turn around and there is my BIGBOY!! He's BACK!! I missed him and loved having his pretty smile again. And it was cute how he snuck up on me like that.
I didn't get to have class with the youth this time but I promised them I'd sit with them at dinner. But then! Oh no. MJ smashed...and I mean smashed his finger during game time and I had to take him home. He handled it very well. If it were me, I'd still be crying! But by the time I got back I had missed dinner and my friends were gone. :(
I'll probably hafta miss this week b/c of my son's surgery.
~I made corndog muffins for lunch last week. I mixed up a batch of cornbread batter. Cut up hotdogs in it and baked them in muffin pans. My kids went wild over these!
~We had a fun cookout with friends Saturday. The weather was perfect and it was great to get to know them better. Weird to think there is snow in the forecast now.
~Just finished Deuteronomy and plunging into Joshua. I'm praying for God to open my eyes to the wonderful things in His Word.
~I'm reading 1000 Gifts and love it! Thank you Tracy! I'm fixing to order another copy for a friend of mine who is sick. It seems like so many ppl I see are struggling this year already. I'm working on keeping a thankful heart.
Off to start the day. The week. The month. And Joshua.....
"Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1: 9
No comments:
Post a Comment