Monday, October 26, 2009

Sermon Notes This Week

Our family has been visiting Fellowship Bible the last couple of weeks. Both weeks we have thoroughly enjoyed the teaching and I thought I'd share my sermon notes today.

He is doing a series called "Finding True Happiness....The World's Attitudes Or The Beatitudes?"
The week's focus was meekness.

"Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth." Matt 5:5

These notes are rough and incomplete but you get the idea....

Meekness was a term used to refer to a wild animal that has been tamed. Power channeled to be used for a positive purpose.

Meekness...
~doesn't feel sorry for himself
~is complete absence of a sense of retaliation
~has a teachable spirit
~is satisfied in the present
~is not consumed by other's impressions

It goes completely against our human nature and we cannot produced it on our own. It comes through a work of God. When I recognize my sin before God, my attitude towards others' sin will change.

You can hear the message in its entirety here. (It's much better than my scattered notes!)

No comments: