Saturday, October 17, 2009

A Rather Long Post On Lotsa Goodness Of The Week And Some Pictures Thrown In Too

Such a blessed week that followed a really tough and challenging one.

And tonight Honey is gone camping with some big kids and I have some extra time to blog away.
The bed will not be cold though. I have this one to keep me company and keep Daddy's spot warm.
This little guy finished his 100 Reading Lesson book this week. A big accomplishment and he's quite proud. So are we.




Meg and I went to get our hair cut. You wouldn't believe how happy this makes her! She loves a new do. I like spending the time with her.

I'm reading The Shack b/c Meg wanted me to. I really wasn't interested, decided I didn't like it, skipped to the end, and gave it back. Nothing doing. She was so disappointed that I didn't "really" read it so we talk about it. So I'm trying again. I like sharing books with her.

My in-laws were in town all week camping at Ft. Chaffee. One of my favorite things about homeschooling is that we have the freedom to stop everything and enjoy a good visit.

Speaking of visits... Jeanne came to see us!! All the way from Lakewood CO. Sweet sweet time. I was so excited about her visit that I could hardly think straight all day. I wanted the house to be just so, we baked a cake, made some coffee, and LB posted herself in the front yard to wait.
I think the kids were just as excited as I was!

We talked about our church and our friends and I feel all caught up. We got to meet her brother and sister-in-law too. GREAT time. Thank you Jeanne!

So the next day, my friend Tracy came with her kiddos. When they left, Meg said, "I really like them." Me too.

Friday rolls around and has enough goodness in that day for it's own blog post. I was invited to a surprise b-day party for my friend Andie. My friend Joyce was there too, and guess what?? She is Margaret Jensen's sister! HELLO? How come I never knew that?

Remember my friend, Wendy, that wrote the guest post for me on First We Have Coffee? Well, that book, and the life of Elvine Tweten, has been one of the most shaping influences of my life. Right up there with Honey and Henry Blackby. And here I am friends with Elvine Tweten's daughter and never knew it! I was blown away. I still am. I couldn't wait to get home and call Wendy.

It was a lovely party. I only knew 2 ladies there but by the end of the night, I felt like I had known them all forever. A blessed time of talking about God, what heaven might be like, and of course ..... the Tweten family! (I just can't let it go.)

And like I said, this follows a week of tears. Tears over character issues, uncertainties, guilt, and that nagging question in my mind of "should we really have moved", (and why won't it go away?). It was a week of crying out to God, praying intensely, and seeking the counsel of my husband.

And God brought it to pass. This week was full of hope, laughter, and even the answer to my heart's question. In this week, God has shown me through different circumstances that moving wasn't just our idea, but His work in us. Ahhh..... good to have that closure.

I also got to chat over the e-mail fence to Jen and Amanda. Facebook Pam, and call Mrs. Whitsell and Wendy. It was a totally relational week that made my heart smile.



Jen and Pam with Meg



Amanda and Me (Why are these pix so small?)




Mrs. Whitsell

2 comments:

the momma said...

aww - we sure like ya'll, too!! :-)

so glad you had a good week!


can you BELIEVE I'm a grandma?!

Amanda said...

It's been fun catching up with you a little bit!