I've been 40 for 2 whole months now. Almost 3. And I can say with all honesty that it doesn't bother me a bit. It is weird though. I guess I just never imagined myself this old.
I've noticed some slight changes that have made me pay attention. Mainly the bulge in the middle that just won't go away. Not that I've really done much to make it go away, but still.
One of my latest freebies was a subscription to Prevention magazine. I only signed up b/c I was hoping for recipes or coupons. It's certainly not a magazine for me b/c it's for old people.
Guess what? From what I can tell, it's targeted toward the 4o's decade of life. And that would be me. Hmmm.....
I like this little magazine and it's full of all kinds of nutrition tips, food ideas, exercise, etc. I've also just begun using the Heath Tracker online. Neat idea. And when my free subscription runs out, I may even pay to renew it.
This comes at a time when I've been praying for change. I would LOVE to develop the habit of exercise every day no matter what it is. No excuses. And also to remember to take my vitamins and not forget to start a batch of sprouts or yogurt. I want to make some new foods and go to bed on time. And not eat chocolate.
The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak. I want to honor God with my body and I pray for His strength to work in me to make some changes.
1 comment:
AND not eat chocolate! NEVER! That is part of my worship to him as I enjoy such a delicacy he made. :) Dark chocolate that is not too sweet is actually a great antioxidant but of course it must be in moderation. I hear you on exercising. :) I am trying to get in the habit of running but I need to get my broken toe better first. I like reading your "Celebration of Life" Carri
Post a Comment