Here we are in the middle of the month. While my grocery spending is so-so right now, it's not as good as last month. In order to beat last month's total of $863, I will have to spend no more than $136 with 15 days to go.
Can I do it? I *think* so. I really REALLY want to. I feel pretty well stocked up thanks to last month's chicken sales and a good coupon deal at Target.
My challenges will be b-day foods that I haven't purchased yet and company coming next week.
My plan? Eat up everything we have and plan my menus around that. Be creative with leftovers and don't go overboard on stocking up the sale items. That one's hard b/c I reap such benefit from my stockpile.
What I won't do is compromise nutrition or make things unpleasant for my husband. And if there is a great deal for my stockpile, I won't pass up that "investment" just to meet my own personal challenge.
Have you ever seen this blog? Jane is able to feed her family of 4 on $800 a year! And no, her husband does not kill all their meat. It's fun to follow and encouraging to see so many deals out there. My budget is quite extravagant compared to hers.
How's your grocery budget looking? Want to join me in a low spending challenge for the rest of March?
Today's meals...
breakfast - peanut butter toast, cottage cheese, and canned peaches
lunch - tuna sandwiches
dinner - chicken taco casserole (a new recipe), refried beans (leftovers), and salad.
tea - animal crackers and milk
1 comment:
February was a cheaper month for us, b/c there were fewer days! (and also, we didn't actually go shopping until over a week into the month :D that cut down the grocery spending!)
So don't be too discouraged if you can't quite match last month's spending :)
Post a Comment