Friday, March 27, 2009

Eager Hands

We have beautiful snow here in Colorado. So much, in fact, that schools and businesses are closed - which does NOT happen often.

Yesterday was a day of hot chocolate, sledding, soup, and snow clothes. Sounds cozy, huh? And it was for the most part. The older kids enjoyed the time off. Little kids, however, thrive on routine and they were bored and whiny most of the day.

At the end of the day I did not feel like I had accomplished anything and wished I had spent my time more productively.....especially with my babies. Experience has taught me that a healthy dose of work and play will do wonders for discontentment and grumpiness. (In mommas as well as babies. )

"Our people must learn to devote themselves to doing what is good, in order that they may provide for daily necessities and not live unproductive lives." Titus 3:14

There are lots of things that I could've done with my little kids that would've been fun for them and profitable to all.

  • bake
  • clean downstairs
  • make play doh
  • boil and color eggs
  • make and send overdue thank you cards

Today is another snow day I plan to spend it a little differently.

Reading Proverbs 31:10-31 has spurred me on.
"She...works with eager hands." v.13

Lord, please give me eager hands (and a thankful smile) today to work and love and bless my family. Amen.

No comments: