I have a tendency to forge ahead without counting the cost beforehand. Today was another example. There was a fun field trip planned with my homeschool group and we were planning to go. I had a plan for dinner and Lane was going to stay home with the napping babies. I thought I had it pretty much mapped out.
Wrong. First of all the morning was rough. Late start, miscellaneous frustrations, sick kid, etc. The field trip wasn't scheduled until noon but I was never able to redeem the lost time of the morning chaos.
The place was in Boulder about an hour away. The tour took longer than I expected. My dinner plans fell through. By the time I got home, Honey was already here and everyone was hungry. Soccer practice tonight and we still needed to move furniture b/c we have new stuff coming in the morning. We ate and it was time to go again.
I feel like I wasted an entire day of my little kids' lives. They were too little to go on the trip. It was too cold to take them to practice. I missed most of their day.
And while it looked like I had a good plan in the beginning, I see now some major things I missed....
What did I give up in order to go on this field trip?
Time with my little kids.
Time to make a good dinner.
Time to clean and work on school.
The margin of rest in the day.
I want to work on being not so short sighted in the future.
No comments:
Post a Comment