Here's some random ramblings of the goodness of this week....
I went grocery shopping today in the zippy car. Usually I have a kid or two along with me but since I was leaving straight from lunch with Honey I was alone. It was the best afternoon I've had in a long time. Not that I usually have bad afternoons, but this one turned out to be particularly special.
I loved the time in the car listening to whatever I wanted as loud as I wanted. Windows down or up. It was another beautiful day.
Have you noticed how many things at the grocery store are cheaper these days? It seemed like for a long time every time I would go to the store the prices went up again. Not today! So many things I buy had gone down. Dairy, eggs, nuts....and there was hardly anything that had actually gone up this time. Yay!
A car full...and I do mean FULL of groceries. I unloaded the whole flatbed into the back of the car and thanked God for each thing. I stood back and admired it all. It represents so much....my husband's good job, a house full of children to feed, good health, and most of all God's amazing abundance. I'm so thankful.
As much as I'd love another baby, I sure enjoy not being pregnant. I feel so healthy and strong. I love sleeping through the night. And as I was unloading all those groceries I was remembering how hard shopping was when I had a baby on board.
~~~~
So this is weird and I'm sure it won't come across as I intend it to but I'm gonna try. I went to a homeschool mom's meeting Saturday. It was the first mom's meeting I've been to since I've been here. And although I didn't have much of anything to contribute, just sitting and listening to the other moms made me feel a little closer to them. Some were moms that I hadn't connected with yet and some were brand new homeschool moms. Of course there were those handful that I am close to and I especially enjoyed that. I wouldn't say that it has been particularly hard to make friends here. Everyone has been so welcoming and friendly but I sorta had this feeling before that a lot of these moms had all known each other forever and probably didn't care to get to know me. But at the meeting, I realized it was very similar to the RENEWs at home. Moms are just as busy, have goals for their kids, struggle with similar things, etc. And the really funny thing is that some of my friends here are so much like certain friends in AR. We can talk about the same things, know the same books, etc.
I remember the first time I visited CO when Honey was already here. I was genuinely surprised that the people looked the same as they did at home. Not sure what I expected, but it was a bit of a relief to see that nobody had horns or purple hair or anything like that. The moms on the soccer team were kinda like the EXPRESS moms. People smiled and said "hi"(even though nobody called me "Hon"). Walmart was sorta the same. And there were lots more churches that I expected.
It's all been a revelation of "people are people" wherever you go. That simple meeting where I sat quietly turned out to be a little bit of a bonding time for me.
~~~~~
Meg's fencing mask came in and it fits just right. Fencing is fun and she's all smiles.
First week of soccer practices.
~~~~~
I'm so excited about the new Saturday service our church is starting. I can't wait!
~~~~~
We're adding a hermit crab to the family. Don't tell my boys, they don't know yet. I think they're icky and crawly but my guys will think he's wonderful.
~~~~~
And now for the last happy musing...all kids are in bed, the dishwasher is humming along, and Honey is here to visit with me about the happenings of the day. God is good.
No comments:
Post a Comment