
No, we're not weirdos that dress our dog up in clothes. This is a picture for a photo contest Honey entered for the 2010 Rescue calendar. I hope he wins!
But since I'm here I'll give ya a brief update on puppy life. He's a good boy that loves attention...and chicken. The biggest challenge is getting his attention when he's not looking at you. You can't just yell at him to get out of the trash, you have to wave at him or touch him and sign to him. Once you catch his eye he will usually obey...even from across the room. He's pretty good at his signs.
Today someone left the front door open. Both dogs were gone. I had to trudge out in knee deep snow to look for them since all kids were out sledding. I saw Buzz but he didn't see me. I didn't see Joey but I called his name and he came running from behind some trees. As soon as Buzz caught sight of Joe, he ran to catch up and then saw me too. That's probably the worst fear of having a deaf puppy....getting loose without the leash. He can't hear cars, he can't hear me.
At almost 5 months old, he's as tall as Joey. He now looks down into the trash and it won't be long before he'll be able to easily see up on the counters. He getting better about getting into the car and bathtub. He's pretty much potty trained but you still need to pay attention. Overall, a great dog.
6 comments:
great picture!!
Cute picture! I think the funniest thing is that Mike actually has a flowery tie like that. Can't say I've ever seen him wear a tie! Or maybe that one was picked up specifically for Buzz?
Yeah you won't see Mike in a tie and so I don't know why he has so many. Funny thing is that most of them are as ugly as that. He only has 2 good ones.
Glad the training is going well. He's a handsome dog.;o)
Just because you don't normally dress your dogs doesn't mean your not weirdos.
Les
LOL! You got me there!
Post a Comment