The flylady thing is teaching me a new way to work. I've always been slow to start something if I only have a few minutes. I'd rather carve out a lump of time and knock it all out at once. The problem is that I don't usually have a big chunk of time to devote to any one particular thing. So....I don't start at all.
If you're not familiar with flylady, you can check it out here http://www.flylady.com/
If you're not familiar and really don't care that much it's basically just a housecleaning/organization plan. It teaches you to work in 15 minute increments and just to start wherever you are.
I've been amazed at how much I can actually get done in only 15 minutes. Today I organized the "decor" items that were piled in the living room after unpacking the boxes. I didn't know where else to put them. Anyway, I actually made progress. No, I didn't finish but I didn't care. I started it knowing that I was only going to do it for 15 minutes and whatever got done would be more than not doing it at all.
1 comment:
Oh, I see. well, thanks Mom :D
Post a Comment