Wednesday, November 21, 2007

There is one room in the house that I really feel at home in. It is a tiny little room with no closet. It is one of the only rooms downstairs that has a light. I call it the book room b/c it is where we will keep all our books and games. We have 2 full bookcases in there but still most of the books are piled up all over the floor waiting for "real" shelves. Even in the midst of the mess I like to be in there, looking around, moving piles, thinking of what it will look like later.

My books have been packed for so long and it's nice to uncover them. Tonight I had a chance to look through my granddaddy's Bible while I was in there. Here is something he wrote in the back....

"Do not set in motion if you can not control it. ----- This thought came about in regard to rolling a tire down hill toward someone's house." 10-13-91

I laughed as I read this. I can just imagine that "OH NO!!!" feeling as he was trying to chase down an out-of-control tire.

No comments: