"Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. ...And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all time, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work." 2Cor 9: 6 & 8
This principle of sowing is reaping is true in parenting. I want to sow generously with my family. Since I tend to lean toward the selfish side, I really have to pray and work at this. To me, sowing generously means to unselfishly give my time, my listening ear, my love, and my prayers to my kids. It means to give Mayfee *another* drink without rolling my eyes even though it is always at an inconvenient time when he asks. It means giving the benefit of the doubt and not walking into the room looking for the worst even though I am met with screaming and crying. And it means answering the never-ending "mommy, mommy" patiently and sweetly even though I'd rather not. Like I said, all of these do not come to me naturally and I need the grace of God to carry it through.
But that's what the next verse is all about. He says that He is able to have all grace abound to me so that I will have all that I need to abound in this good work. Thank you God!
Now comes the good part....reaping! What does that mean? To me, it means kids that obey from their hearts because they love me and not just so they won't get in trouble. It means kids that leave me sweet notes in my "mailbox". It means that my adult kids will someday call me and ask me what I think. It means that they'll bring my grand babies over A LOT and visit me all the time. It means that they will always include me in their lives generously even though my work with them is officially "done".
The principles of sowing and reaping are sure. You reap the same things that you sow, more than sow, and you reap later than you sow. God please bless all the mommas today as they are sowing with their children. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment