Sunday, November 25, 2007

2 Cor 3:18

"and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit." 2 Cor 3:13

Isn't it amazing that we can actually reflect the Lord's glory as in a mirror? So when people look at us is it as though they are looking at a reflection of the Lord himself? I'm in awe that it is even possible! But God says it is true. Furthermore, we are constantly in the process of being transformed into his likeness more and more.

My son got some transformers for his b-day. It looks just like an ordinary plastic car....but NO! it transforms into a super cool robot! Similarly, God transforms us into something even better than a super cool robot....into the likeness of His Son.
Wonderful! So although I look just like an ordinary lump of clay, I am actually being shaped for noble purpose by the hand of the Potter.

My job as a mom is awesome. I have the opportunity to reflect the Lord's glory to my children every day. When they see me do they see Jesus? Or do they see just ordinary me that might fly off the handle like a lunatic if things don't go my way? Yikes. This thought spurs me on to get up on time and read my Bible before the busy day starts. I pray that our family will be continually transformed with His ever-increasing glory.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AMEN~

Jodie