Tuesday, August 15, 2006

My mother-in-law brought my girls a big bag of nail polish. There must be about 45 bottles in all. LB is my personal pedicurist and was getting everything out. She dumped out the bag and we looked through colors. It didn't take long for the boys to jump into the action.

Lots of bright colors, lots of clinking glass bottles, lots of fun. Let me just say that it is a bad idea to let little boys play with bottles of nail polish. They leave that one out of the parenting books. I know it should be common sense, but there is no sense common to all men and they were so cute playing with them. The next thing we knew there is a broken bottle and RED polish spilled on the carpet!! YIKES!! OH, I was soooo glad that Honey was home and I was not the only one in charge when that one happened! Of course it had to be the red one.

When something like that happens, I tend to despair and give up with thoughts like....Oh well, I wanted hardwood floors in here anyway. Everyone else jumped into action. The girls grabbed paper towels to blot out the mess. Honey looked up the problem on the internet. He read that full-strength Simple Green works on nail polish. I don't think they meant red though.

We tried it. We also tried some really good laundry stain stuff I was borrowing from my neighbor. Finally we broke out the shampooer and shampooed the whole room. I'm surprised we got out as much as we did. At least it doesn't look any worse than any of the other stains on the carpet.

Moral of this story? Nail polish is for girls!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL! Well at least everyone in your house will have pretty toes. My girls are going to want to come and play pedicure too. still LOL