Have you ever had a day like this...
Sick kids
Sick Momma too
Husband out-of-town
Kids that wake up too early
Kids that won't nap
Toddlers that whine
Crying babies
Too much TV
Kids that pick the spinach off their pizza
Sharp words
Unthankfulness
Laziness
Having to go to Walmart on Sunday afternoon
Child at WM with me has to go to the bathroom
It's not been a good day. I wanted to complain and feel sorry for myself to someone so I called up a friend. What a friend she is!! Did she let me complain or feel sorry for myself? NO! She is one of the few people that I know that can speak the truth in love, turn me around, and point me the right way. I am so thankful for her! She gently reminded me of the good in a way in which I did not feel condemned. I felt slightly reprimanded and so much better when we hung up. God is good.
After the call, I put on my MP3 player and got busy in the kitchen. I don't know what all is on it b/c it is new and Honey loaded it up for me. It's a surprise everytime I turn it on. A worshipful song by Mercy Me helped me along in my work and continued to guide my mind to what is good. The work went fast.
When I finished, I noticed an unusual quiet. The babies were all finally asleep and there was no crying!! Oh Thank YOU Lord!! So I sat down with my Bible and you know what I opened it up to?
"...for you are my God; may your good Spirit lead me on level ground." Ps 143:12
No comments:
Post a Comment