Tuesday, August 08, 2006

A Special Day

I got an unusual phone call last week. It was my dad asking me if I thought we'd like to have his wedding here at our house. WOW!! Were my kids excited!! It was super sweet of them to include us and made the kids feel so special. (Thank you Dad.)

For the past week we've been in wedding planning mode. Everyone had their own special job and practiced all week.

#1 made the cake...and it's so pretty too!
#2 played the wedding march on the keyboard...special thanks to our great piano teacher.
#3 is best man
#4 made the flowers ...special thanks to my good friend who helped her.
She is also maid of honor.
#5 is ring bearer.
Honey is photographer.
I am the coordinator.

My dad and stepmom-to-be, along with her mom (Gram) got here last night. We've been running errands today and getting manicures and such. I've enjoyed spending time with them today.

Gram is sweet and noticed that #6 did not have a special job. She named him co-ring bearer and bought him a pillow too.

The ceremony is at 7pm...just 2 short hours away. We will then have Nana and Gram officially added to the family. WELCOME!!!

No comments: