Here is a funny story that happened this weekend. It is one of those "you had to be there" stories but I'll try to tell it anyway.
My mom and grandmother came this weekend to visit and we went to Walmart yesterday. When we were walking out, I stepped on a gigantic wad of gum. It was HUGE! It must have been 5 or 6 pieces! I don't even know how anyone could've gotten it into their mouth. My shoe was so stuck that I almost stepped right out of it and it took an effort to lift the next step. As I was making my way to the car, I was dragging this thick line of gum though the parking lot. The more I tried to scrape it off, it worse it got. It was oozing up the side of my shoe and I was wearing flip flops!! It was a huge mess.
At this point I'm thinking I need a new pair of shoes. I mean I am at Walmart, right? My grandmother said it was ok and she would clean it off for me at the car. She was giggling the whole way. I don't really think my mom knew exactly what was going on b/c she was pushing the cart ahead of us with the kids. Sure enough when we got to the car I took my shoe off, my g'mother found some kleenex in the car, and started the gross job of cleaning my shoe. Is that LOVE or what?! I would never do that. In the meantime, Mom is having to unload the cart by herself and deal with the kids.
Grandmother actually did a very good job. I wouldn't have thought it could be done. Once in the car, my g'mother found a travel pack of baby wipes for her hands. She needed it. She gave me two and told me to use them on my shoe. No way!! Of course I didn't say that out loud but I guess she could tell by the look on my face that it wasn't going to happen. She took my shoe and finished it up with the wipes. Is she great or what?
Now Mom and the kids are asking what is going on and as we're trying to tell it, my grandmother and I are laughing so hard that we could barely speak. I hadn't laughed that hard in a long time. It really was SOOO funny....but I guess you had to be there.
No comments:
Post a Comment