I love the natural cures idea but I've never had much success with it myself. I've tried lots of times through diet, herbs, and supplements to cure Honey's allergies. Money spent but nothing ever worked. We tend to do better with preventative measures instead.
By God's grace we have been blessed with very good health and with the exception of my son's athletic physicals for speed training we have managed to stay out of the doctors' offices for years now. I thought that was about to change.
My 12yo daughter complained of an ear ache. I looked into her ear and saw that she had an ear infection. That was a great victory in itself. I've never been able to see anything unusual with that gadget. Never been able to really tell what I was looking for. This time it was clear. I was excited with the fact that I could diagnose this and lined up everyone else to look into their ears too. Yep, her ear was different from everyone else's. Now what to do?
We had been looking through a health magazine and pulled out the recipe for a garlic poultice. Basically, it's just pressed garlic in a warm wet paper towel. I helped her make one to put over her ear. Then I made a trip to the health food store. I bought ear candles and garlic oil. I did the candles that night and started the garlic oil right away along with large doses of vitamin C.
The inconvenience was the fact that it had to be warmed to body temp. I taught her to do that herself. We continued this about 3 or 4 times a day. Then the other ear started hurting. Big sigh.....so this wasn't working either. Now both ears were infected. Well, she wasn't complaining too much, no fever, and it didn't affect her really so I decided to keep on the same course and see what happened.
Know what? It worked! I'm so glad. Perhaps it was time and prayer that healed it more than anything. I'm not sure I could've done that with a hurting baby. But I was excited that SOME sort of natural remedy was a success.
No comments:
Post a Comment