Thursday, January 04, 2007

Claude the Dog and the One-Armed Cook

"Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to him, 'Go, I wish you well, keep warm and well fed,' but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it?" James 2:15-16

I found a book that illustrates this verse perfectly. We read it at story time this week. Claude the Dog A Christmas Story by Dick Gackenbach is precious. Claude the dog is a much loved family member who gets a new pillow, blanket, and rubber mouse for Christmas. When his friend, Bummer, comes to visit Claude learns that he has no home and is cold and lonely. In the course of the story, Claude winds up giving all his Christmas presents to Bummer. He then goes home to the waiting, loving arms of his boy. So sweet! You can guess what 2yo is getting for his b-day in April!

My friend brought be an early baby present. It's a cookbook titled "The One-Armed Cook". What is so funny is that she was also coming over to let me borrow her carrier! I've enjoyed looking through it today and took it to the doctor's office to read while I waited. It has lots of great looking recipes. Before I left for the doctor I popped into my bread machine the recipe for cinnamon raisin bread. When I came home, it smelled sooo good. I can't wait to try it for tea.

No comments: