This afternoon my 12yo daughter and I will have a cooking lesson. She's not COW, who is usually who I like to cook with, but COW already knows how to make this one. 12yo doesn't. She's learning to cook lots of things and made our pizza last night. She's pretty good at handling hamburger but inexperienced at chicken.
Here's her dinner menu....
Chicken spaghetti
sauteed green beans
garlic rolls
salad
Lazy Daisy Oatmeal Cake
We're going to set the timer and see if we can finish (including clean up) in one hour.
I'll let her handle most of the cooking and I'll work on the clean up part as we go.
I've enjoyed cooking this winter. I like the fact that I can use the oven any time I want without thinking of how it will affect my electric bill. I like leaving the oven door open to heat up the kitchen when something comes out of it. I like the hot soups and lots of fresh bread.
I'm starting to think about summer though. I won't have so much freedom in this area then. I need to get better at cold meals. This summer we're hoping to have a better garden too. We're not too good at gardening but we keep on trying thinking this year it'll be better. I need to break down and splurge on a simple gardening book and stop trying to wing it. Any book suggestions?
No comments:
Post a Comment