Sunday, June 24, 2012

this week's stuff

I took a huge nap today and I'm in a rambling bloggy mood.  Since we have 11 dentist appts starting at 8:00 in the morning, I should probably be doing something else to prepare for that.  But this is more fun.
~Glorious Day!  My two littlest ones were baptized this morning!  OH, they were so excited about this.  ZBoy was up bright and early fully dressed with his bag packed this morning. 

All of our kids have professed faith in Christ.  As their momma my heart's desire is to help them grow in their relationship to Him.  I'm praying about how I can do that better.

~Youthy news:  we're doing a "Sundae Night" on an upcoming Wednesday.  Ice cream sundaes with water olympics.  Just a fun night.  I'm thinking we need to be thinking of a ministry project next and I'm praying for that.  Tonight we had 9 lovely faces, full of energy, full of life, full of opinion.  I love them more every week. 

Honey asked the question: If you knew you only had 2 weeks to live, how would you spend it?  Interesting answers that revealed a lot about where they were in their relationships.  Have you ever thought about that question? 

~I've got a weird discontentment thing going on.  I look around me and see that every single person I know is good at something.  Except me.  The only talent I can boast is washing dishes and changing diapers.  I am real good at washing dishes and changing diapers if I do say so myself.  But somehow that's not quite cutting it.   So I guess I can say that I'm discontent with my abilities.  And when I think about the things I'm interested in or like to do it would just be reading or blogging or teaching my little kids to read and working with my Awana/VBS kids.  None of that is real helpful now since all my kids know how to read, everybody can go potty by themselves, and Awana and VBS is over.  I would also love love LOVE to do some mission work but it's not the right season for that I suppose.  Soooooo.....there's that. 

~On the same note but kinda unrelated.  Our last story time teacher retired and moved to FL.  And while I'll never be another Ms. Turner, I did kinda wish I could volunteer for that job.  I would love to do story time someday.  I don't think it was a volunteer position though and I'm not real thrilled with the lady they hired.  She has an interesting (sad) life story and I'm glad she got the job but I think we'll be driving to the Windsor branch to see Ms. Turner now.  And why is that even a a thing with me?  IF I ever did do story time, would it ever even have any eternal significance to matter to anybody?  Probably not.  So who cares? 

~I told you I was in a rambling bloggy mood.  Can you tell?

~My in-laws are here for good.  They are slowly but surely moving into their new house.  It's pretty.  My SIL and niece are here for awhile too and it's nice to see them. 

~We had our first meeting with a contractor last week.  Pretty informative I guess.   This week he comes out to take soil samples and look at the lay of the land.   We are working harder on our plans.  It's getting fun to think about.  Mally wants a kitty when we move.  Farmer Boy is chomping at the bit for everything that has anything to do with the land.  I'm want a chicken named Hazel.  Mostly I will just be happy with a space for our table. 

~Besides dentist appts and contractor appts, I also wanna visit one of our church members in a nursing home this week.  She is over 100 years old and since we have been members she has not been able to attend.  I'm hoping to go meet her and take a kid or two along.   I still haven't made it to see Ms. Ruby too and that's on my list. 

~I hate that school and cooking seem to take so much time.  I have to purposely break away to do the important things.   And I guess you could call school and cooking important b/c ppl have to learn unimportant things and they always think they need to eat.  BUT.....it sure gets in the way of living real life.   Like visiting friends and playing at the park. 

~We've been spending a lot of time at the library.  I have two new books that we are loving..

Sweet story.  Ivan Bates is one of my favorite illustrators and I also love Cynthia Rylant.  Excellent combination.  And even though this book is really geared more toward the 2-5 yo audience, we have been enjoying it immensely.  I'm ordering a copy for my future grandbabies.  (Is that weird?)


Isn't he cute?  It's a story about a lonely puppy who wants a home and a hard working but lonely little girl who is needing a friend.  I cried through the last two pages. 

~OK, time to wrap up this super long blabbering and visit with my family that is trickling in.  Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it when you babble lol

Dad