Monday, June 18, 2012

This Week's Menu

I've been working on a full month menu for July.  It's coming along slowly.  I think if I can streamline the prep work it'll make things much easier.  I did a trial run for 2 weeks of June and figured out that I don't like a blank calendar type meal planner.  I do better with just having a list of meals to draw from.  One problem is that I don't have that many meals in the rotation.  I need more ideas.  So please help a girl out and tell me what you're eating or how you do your meal planning. 

My other project is Sunday morning prep.  I wanna be one of those moms who prepares lunch, irons clothes, bathes kids, picks out clothes, and lays everyone's shoes in a neat line by the front door on Saturday night.  Does anybody really do this?    The reality of it is that we go to church every single Sunday morning.  Yet every single Sunday morning I act like I'm surprised that we have someplace to go.  Seriously. 

Ok, anyhow that doesn't have a thing in the world to do with my menu post except if you are the supermom that wakes up Sunday morning to an organized day then maybe you can let me in on your secret! 

Here's what it looks like in our kitchen this week....

Lunches
leftovers or....

**PB and J with smoothies
tuna sandwiches w/ carrots and dip
big salads with cucumber dip
**bean burritos
Sub sandwiches (Sunday)

Dinners
veggie balls w/Mediterranean quinoa salad
cajun chickpea cakes with rice and sweet potatoes
Youth food
black bean and zucchini enchiladas
**pancake muffins w/ eggs and oven potatoes
green pasta with fruit

**These are foods that we'll probably make extra to freeze this week.  I'm trying to re-stock our freezer from the move.

Snacks
We have a lot of leftover snacks from the out-of-state trips last week that we are finishing off. 
Also Aldi has amazing fruit deals this week that I have taken full advantage of!

No comments: