Today we took a bunch of our youth to see a life sized replica of the Tabernacle.
2 buses
1 car
33 people
Aren't they a good looking group?
We put the trip together on Tuesday to leave on Thursday. This gave the kids time to come to church Wednesday night to get permission slips. Because no permission slip, no go.
We decided to spend Wednesday night teaching on the Tabernacle and the symbolism so we'd know what we were looking at when we went. "We" usually means Honey b/c he does a great job preparing and delivering his lessons every week. But this time he asked me to do it.
Really?? Because that's hardly any notice at all! And I've never taught this class. And, and, and.....
But he urged me on and volunteered to do the pictures.
I LOVED it. I wish I had had more time, but I enjoyed preparing, practicing on my kids, and then talking to the youth. And they behaved and listened and colored on the sheets I gave them to label without stabbing each other with the new pencils I bought. Bonus.
Have I ever mentioned how much I love this new role? Even though I've mostly considered it his gig, I've liked helping him prepare, giving input, cooking Wed night dinner, and getting to know the kids.
Doing the lesson this week added a little something extra for me. I hope I get to do it again. In any case, it's encouraged me to help him more and to own it as "ours".
On to the day...
We left early (even though we left later than we wanted) and drove uneventfully all the way to Mena with only 1 stop.
The tour was good and the guy was very knowledgable and well prepared.
Obviously this isn't the life sized one. We didn't get pictures of that. This is just the introduction.
Are they bored? Or being good listeners? In any case, they were good and we were proud of them.
After this we invaded the local Pizza Hut for the lunch buffet. Bless their hearts.
Let's just say the good behavior wore off somewhere along the way. Sorry Pizza Hut. ;-)
The combination of too much pizza, close quarters, 106 degree weather, and a long car ride didn't sit well for poor Shawn.
Everybody OUT!
Gross. And hilarious. I'm glad I wasn't in that van!
We cleaned up in a parking lot the best we could and finished the ride home.
I'm wondering if the church needs to sell that van now. Or burn it.
Thank you Youth peeps for a fun day. I love you guys!





1 comment:
Funny....
Post a Comment