Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Just A Few Words

Blah.

That's how I felt tonight.  Tired.  And ready to be done.

And I don't know why considering I spent the entire day playing and didn't even hafta make dinner.  

When I feel like that my mind starts to unravel the events and conversations of the day and I start seeing all the things I handled wrong  or snapped at someone or ignored something that someone thought was more important than I did.   And when I'm feeling blah anyway then the negative thoughts lead to a downward spiral.   Sigh......

I opened my computer to check my mail and Facebook and there is a message from my cousin.   One of the sweetest and most sincere words of encouragement I have ever received.  Perfectly written, perfectly timed, with words that were very personal and heart felt.  Completely unexpected. 

Tears flowed immediately. 

I am so grateful that he took the time to type out those few sentences.  It completely changed my night. 

I hope that I can be that encouraging to someone soon.  

1 comment:

Amanda said...

For some reason, you came to mind while I was in Costa Rica...and the thought of you made me smile. :) Love ya, friend! Hope the week has gotten better! I hate "blah" days.