Monday, August 29, 2011

A Good Habit

On school days we have it in our schedule to be ready for breakfast at 7:30am.   Being "ready for breakfast" means making your bed, cleaning your room, and being dressed.  For the most part the kids hit it pretty regularly. 

But me?  Well sometimes.  Sometimes not.  And I always have a good excuse of course.  Like I spent too much time on the computer I didn't sleep well the night before, I'm not finished with my Bible time, I don't feel well.  In any case, I'm being a bad example to my kids.  I should be the one that is ready first. 

I read somewhere that it takes about 30 days to establish a habit.  So for the month of September I've decided to make it my goal to be out of my room (roomed and groomed) on time.  Or earlier than on time.  With my room clean.  And bed made.  Bible time finished.  And dressed for the day. 

I was hoping that there would be some others that might want to join me and start a new habit or goal for September.  It can be anything...big or small.  Like finish the book you started, take your vitamins, don't yell at anybody, exercise, whatever.  What do you think?  You have 2 more days to pray about some area that needs improvement.   And if you're in, just leave a comment and tell me about it and we can help keep each other accountable.

Any takers? 

PS.  If your last name is the same as mine, I expect you to participate!

8 comments:

Carri Roman said...

I'm in!! Same goal.But I must be up and ready to be out the door by 7am. This means I need to be up at 5am. Pray for me. it is SO hard. I hate mornings. They hurt. :) Me getting out of bed is like peeling the fruit roll off of it's wrapper. I almost make that noise getting out of bed, hahaha But really I need the strength of God. love you!! Looking into coming out next June! :)) Will keep you posted. ))

Unknown said...

luke started a new job today, so today is like a 'new year'. we'll be starting a whole new routine, all fresh. my goal is to do a 15 minute t-tapp routine (except on Sabbath), every day, preferably in the morning though kids are unpredictable, and to get back to going to bed with a clean kitchen every night.

Wendy said...

Good goal...and actually one I am trying to establish as a habit. Our school time starts early this year, and I, like you!, have to set the example by being dressed and ready to go by 7:15 when we have Bible time together. What's really hard is that I don't always sleep well or enough, so I guess I'll just count on the possibility of a nap later.

Thanks for the challenge! I'll be thinkin' of y'all as we "peel" ourselves out of our wrappers (great analogy).

Anonymous said...

Well, since we share a last name. I'll encourage you to be successful at your goal in September. Encouragement is a good goal, yes?

Me

Anonymous said...

Im in, downstairs dressed and ready to go at 5:00 for the month of september.

jodie

Amy said...

I'm all in!! I'm NOT a morning person. And I haven't slept all night in over a week (sick kids) BUT my goal is to get up, WORK OUT, have my quiet time, & get our bed made. All by 7:15.

Yikes...... ;)

TaggTroop said...

You five o'clockers crack me up! And here I am struggling to be done by 7:30!

Yay! Thanks ya'll for participating....looks like we all have the same goal in one form or another.

robbieniccum said...

!!! I so wish I would have seen this..not that I couldn't jump in :P