Wednesday, August 24, 2011

1st Night Of Awana

Here's my new class of 3rd graders.  7 boys that grew up SOOOO much during the summer!  Really I can't believe the difference in them in only a few months.  And as you can see it was a bit wild and crazy.  But I think that's mostly b/c it was the first night.  I don't think it will take us long at all to find our new groove.  Everybody's working out of new books, earning totally different awards, and learning new stuff. 

And wow!  there is such a different dynamic.  My head was spinning a bit by the end of the night.  And it was easy to see that what used to work for my 2nd graders will not fly for these (same) 3rd graders.  But that's ok.  It's good for me to grow and adjust and I'm looking forward to being stretched. 

I had one newbie that fit right in and said the best part of his whole day was meeting 2 new friends that were in class.  Huh, that was my best part of the day too. 

Nick was back.  :-D  But not BigBoy or Shadiamond.  :-( 

The thought occurred to me of how blessed I am to be privileged to watch God work this year.  I'm so thankful to be a part of it.

Dinner!  And have I mentioned before that there's always enough?  Even though you never know how many will come?  Ms. Joy told me tonight that they were NOT expecting that many.  But there was still more than plenty. 
One of my new faves.  (Is it ok if I say that?)  Hayden is in my little 2nd grade class this year.  His brother is in my 3rd grade one.  There are 4 cutsie 2nd graders including 2 princess girls.  GIRLS?  In MY class??  Love it. 

There were so many kids tonight.  Lots of new kids in every class it seemed.  New workers even! 
My oldest son has 4 little bitties in his PreK class and loved it.  Meg is working with the youth.  Lane is in games with E.  LB is all over the place helping out wherever she's needed. 

I think it'll be a great year!

No comments: