Friday, August 05, 2011

Things I'm Thinking About...

I find myself sometimes too tired to pray.  Or too mad.  Or too distracted.  Or too.....fill in the blank. 

"But I say, walk by the Spirit."  Gal 5:16

And if my mind is too preoccupied by the concerns of this world then I am certain that I am not keeping in step with the Spirit.  

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control."  Gal 5:22-23

And you can be sure my attitude is not characterized by any of the above!  

Another thing.  I've discovered I get too busy taking care of things that I neglect the people.  Messy closets, dirty ovens, dinner to cook, school to plan.  Things with no eternal value.  I need fewer things. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That happens to everyone sandy, You have many things that need your attention....God doesn't want you to do your daily work and then to make time to talk with him. He wants you to think of him and or talk with him WHILE you are doing your things that need to be done.There is a diffrence. Just a thought.