(Try this one Amy!)
My family was having burgers and hot dogs for supper so I thought I'd try yet another bean or veggie burger recipe. Usually these don't turn out so well for me. But THIS one is a keeper! And it has no egg. Bonus!
1/2 chopped onion (I used red.)
3/4 C. chopped mushrooms
1 garlic clove minced
3 green onions (I left these out)
1/2 tsp cumin
1 tsp parsley
1 tsp salt/pepper
1/4 C. ground flax seed
1 can pinto beans, drained (I used chili beans.)
Saute veggies in a little olive oil. In a bowl, mash the beans and add the spices and flax. Add the veggies. Form into patties. It said to let them sit awhile to let the flax absorb moisture and help them hold together better. I didn't have time to do this and they held together perfectly. In fact, they are supposed to be pan fried but I thought I'd take a chance and put them on the grill with the real burgers. I even forgot to ask Honey to be careful with them but they did not fall apart at all!
1 comment:
Awesome!!!!! Gotta try it! ;)
Post a Comment