Monday, August 08, 2011

Fun At The Farm

Lane, CT, and I just got home from a weekend trip to TX to visit my parents.  Lane and CT were on their own for some of the time while I went shopping with the ladies of the family.  They LOVED it.  They hijacked the golf cart and explored all over the place, finding animal skeletons, rummaging the creek bed, looking at fish, raiding the fridge, eating ice cream, visiting with Gram.  They they started all over again. 


Sunday morning Dad was home and we went fishing in this little bitty pond that's about to dry up.  They were supposed to catch the fish and move them to the big lake. 

Not the biggest catch of the day, but pretty cute.
This is Lane's biggest.  See CT in the back with the one that got away?  His line snapped.
Meet Roscoe.  Isn't he just adorable?  I got to feed him his food pellets and let him slobber all over me.  He's almost like a puppy.
Oh yeah.  See him?  I named him Smokey.  I wish he would stay this tiny and precious.  But by the next time we visit he'll be a real cat.  Wild, not letting you play with him, only wanting food.  He'll still be my favorite though. 

We didn't get to see much of Nana this time b/c she had to work.  Sad. 
I called Honey about 1/2 way home during a bathroom break and mentioned that we could've stayed a couple more days.  CT corrected me by saying he could've stayed a LOT more days.  Honey's answer was something like "Well you could've.  We would be ok around here. "   At that point the kids were begging me to turn around!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun. Glad you had a good time.

Leslie said...

Wished we would have known you were in Tyler! We could have said, HI. We live just down the road! HA! Glad yall had fun.