I won't be able to adequately describe it all and make it make sense, but I'm gonna give it a shot b/c I don't wanna forget.
I've been introduced to a different world in which kids sleep with whomever has paid the bills that month, wear clothes that have been long outgrown and worn out, and don't generally expect any birthday presents.
I live in another world of cushy extravagance and don't even know it. I'm ashamed at what I take for granted.
Remember I told you about Isaiah 58:6-12? Well here's part of the place where the change has occurred.
In verse 9 it says, “If you do away with the yoke of oppression, with the pointing finger and malicious talk, ".....
Last year I'm embarrassed to confess that I would've pointed my finger and said things like, "How can the mom not see that her kid needs his face washed?" or "WHERE is his mother?" or "Why doesn't she step up and do the work?" Malicious talk at it's finest.
But now. O Lord forgive me. I would be in the exact same place if not for the grace of God.
Poverty is such an oppressor. And just like in the dark ages of history, when you are struggling just to get by the extras fall by the wayside. And if I didn't know if I'd have a place to sleep tomorrow I doubt I'd notice a messy face or give thoughts about clothes.
I believe it's more from ignorance than lack of desire for some. If I had had an abusive childhood, been introduced to drugs, and made different choices then how would I know how to do it differently? Again the grace of God. And the humble reminder that I don't know anything.
I am so thankful for my Awana peeps, VBS, and Immanuel for how God has used them to humble me. How blessed I am.
And again I feel the *need* to alter the landscape.
"Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I, Send me!" Isaiah 6:8
Please God. Send me.
1 comment:
:) this is why we are friends. :)
Post a Comment