#1~ paper plates on Mondays. You know, I thought it was a clever idea to cram everything into one day...and at the beginning of the week...so that we would be free and home the rest of the week. But when Monday comes I'm thinking it was the worst idea ever. But then there's Tues, and Wed, and Thurs...and by then I've forgotten all about the chaos of Monday and I'm back to thinking it was pretty good planning. Then it's Monday again. And I'm trying to think of anything to make the day easier. So paper plates. That should do it. Or at least help. I hope.
#2~Taking a page from Mama Tweeten's book and she always has "everything ready" for the Lord's Day. You know I can't imagine Mama not being ready for anything anytime. What a woman! And I sooo want to be like her. Today I wanted to invite my friend's family over for lunch. But there was NO way. We were having leftovers - and not even good leftovers. And Buzzy tracked dirt in the house on the way out the door and there was not time to clean it up before we left. And there were dishes in my sink...which I HATE. Mama never had dishes in her sink.
I want to prepare better on Saturday. To not only have clothes and shoes ready ~ we had another shoe issue~, but to have a clean kitchen, a real lunch, and to be ready for whomever the Lord may choose to send home with us.
#3~ Praying. I was reading that Ray Ortlund started his day by praying over every appt he had, every unexpected phone call, and every unpleasant interruption. Imagine the peace in covering those things with prayer. I also want to pray more for my churches, my pastors, and the hearts of His people and those who are seeking. On Wednesdays I want to remember not only to pray for my own precious class, but all the children AND all the workers. They put in so much. The Lord has used them mightily and I so appreciate them.
#4~I have too much stuff! I need to clean out my nightstand and my closet. Do you have any idea how much I LOVE having my own closet?! I'm thinking of painting it pink. What do you think?? I started cleaning out my nightstand last week and decided to move the huge concordance and Bible dictionary into the school closet. But it was already crowded. So I started pulling off books and listing them on Paperback Swap. Ahhh....the feeling of cleaning out a closet!
So how 'bout you? If the Lord gives you another week, do you have some things you'd like to change??
2 comments:
Hi, friend!
Changes? Yes, seems like I'm constantly trying to clean out, organize, get more efficient, etc. I'm needing a better system for my filing & paperwork. But the Lord has been helping me tackle one closet or one drawer at a time for a few months now...and I'm seeing progress! It feels so good.
I adopted Mama's Sabbath-prep style a few months ago, and I'm loving it! Cooking extra food for a couple of days ahead for leftovers and no cooking on Sundays, breakfast all set out, church stuff ready. Can't believe the difference! A PEACEFUL Sabbath. :-)
Blessings on your efforts, my dear. You're an inspiration to us all.
Love,
Wendy
Ditto on the "you're an inspiration to us all"
if you don't mind, can I have your e-mail address? robbieniccum@charter.net
and yes, I am ALWAYS trying to catch up, declutter, organize, find a system...and on and on and on :) :) :) Mike is bringing home a dishwasher next weekend..I am hoping that opens a couple hours in my week :p
Post a Comment