I have an easy week of menu planning b/c some of us are leaving to visit my parents!
The tricky thing is finding time to bake 3 dozen cookies for a thing at church on Saturday that I said I would do. And then...talking somebody else into dropping them off for me. Honey?? Or maybe I'll ditch the whole baking idea and just ask him to pick up some oreos. That'll work, right?
Next week, I'll be working with a new cookbook I picked up at the library that looks like a terrific read. Eating For Life by Bill Phillips. Have you read it? Lots of recipes plus good nutrition info.
I'm also looking at my grocery list with a more critical eye. Making a more detailed list so maybe I won't miss so much! For instance, when I think of tuna melts I typically think I need tuna, bread, and cheese. And I forget tomatoes, green onions, spinach, etc. So I leave it behind and we have rather boring tuna melts.
And tonight, oh yes!, the Azure Standard orders come in! Oh please please bring me apples...and honey that's not sugared.
This is the list of foods that I'll pulling from this week.
Tuna Melts - this is a good Monday food with all the outside activities.
taco meatballs, mashed potatoes, salad
Roasted chickens, cream spinach...
I had my son cook 4 chickens yesterday. Today I will have Jes pull all the leftover meat off the bones for the freezer. (He loves this job.) Then we'll make broth and freeze it before we go.
BBQ chicken sandwiches
Southwest Salad
Tomato soup and sandwiches
applesauce bread
pumpkin cake
apple raisin pizza (date night for kids)
chex mix...I'm adding popcorn to it this time.
pizza
I decided this week that I need some more vegetable recipes. Mostly we eat a lot of salad as far as veggies go. But I want to branch out a bit. Lane and I are probably the ones that like vegetables most around here. And I need to get out of the mindset that everyone has to like everything. It's ok if I make a whole pot of mashed cauliflower all for myself.... Right?
Question: Can you bake fried okra like you can french fries??
1 comment:
I might be interested in placing an Azure order. Can you give me some more details?
Post a Comment