Monday, November 29, 2010

My Christmas List

The Christmas tree is up and it's oh so beauty-ful. I love putting the tree up as early as possible....not as early as Robbie...but still! It makes the whole house so pretty and every year I think about how disappointed I'll be to take it down and pull out the regular stuff again. It's never like that though. Somehow the new wears off and I'm ready to pack it away again. I guess that's the way it should be.

But now I know the days will fly by between now and Christmas. There's lots of things I want to remember to do this year....

~Ride the train at Creekmore
~Decorate the gingerbread house.
~Write our Christmas letter for the first time ever. Can I do it??
~Read Come And Behold Him aloud. Finished chapter 1 today.
~Read Dicken's The Christmas Carol. I've always wanted to read this book and last year one of my girls got it for Christmas and gave it me. I'm about 1/3 through it.
~Watch the movie. I love the George C Scott version.
~Visit my family in TX
~Watch my kids in IBC's Christmas program.
~Bake!
~Read through our advent book.
~Do a Christmas lap book.
~Shop
~Egg nog night
~Put together Christmas bags for my Awana class
~Take lots of pictures

3 comments:

Taleia said...

I'm NOT a Disney fan, but their new version of A Christmas Carol was EXCELLENT!

Sandy said...

Really? I'll have to check it out. Thank you!

robbieniccum said...

That is a fabulous list! :)