Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Christmas Spirit

J.I. Packer has a great definition of the Christmas spirit in his book, Knowing God.

"The Christmas spirit does not shine out in the Christian snob. For the Christmas spirit is the spirit of those who, like their Master, live their whole lives on the principle of making themselves poor - spending and being spent - to enrich their fellow humans, giving time, trouble, care, and concern, to do good to others - and not just their own friends - in whatever way there seems need."

THAT'S what I want to be! That's what I'm praying for.

3 comments:

robbieniccum said...

I want to be this all year long...lol...it's so funny..I become a scrooge during the holidays but I want to be this the rest of the year :P

Sandy said...

Are you kidding? How can anyone be considered a scrooge who puts up their tree in October??

robbieniccum said...

LOL!!!!!!! I am a walking talking breathing oxi-moron. :P One weekend we should getaway, I could keep you laughing for hours :P