Thursday, November 11, 2010

Chicken Salsa Pasta

This is a quick and yummy recipe.

1 box penne pasta cooked and drained
1 bell pepper chopped
1/2 onion chopped
2 C cooked chicken (bite sized)
3 cloves garlic
2 1/2 C salsa
grated cheddar

Saute garlic, onion, and pepper in a little oil until tender. Add chicken and salsa. Pour all over the pasta and top with cheese.

I usually add a handful of cheese to stir into the mix then add some to the top.
This is good with refried beans and chips.

You can throw the leftovers in the crockpot, add a little more salsa and it's perfect for lunch the next day.

Happy Eating!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum! I was going to ask you about that recipe when I saw it in your menu list. Thanks!

By the way, have you ever done a crockpot version of this? If so, how?

Blessings, my friend,
Wendy

Sandy said...

I think there's too many steps for the crockpot. But I have made it ahead of time and kept it warm in the crock.

If you have the chicken already cooked in the freezer then it's one of those recipes that's just as fast to make fresh. So easy!

robbieniccum said...

you freeze COOKED chicken?????

Sandy said...

Robbie, it saves a lot of time. Kinda like freezing cooked hamburger. I either boil it, bake it, crockpot it, or grill it. Then when it cools just put it in freezer bags and ta da! It's ready for another meal.