Monday, June 21, 2010

Altering The Landscape

"I tell you the truth, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds." John 12:24

Oswald Chambers calls this "Altering the landscape". I love that!
I am still so pumped from VBS that I never want the landscape to look the same again. My earnest prayer has been...Lord, what's next? How can I alter the landscape? I'm ready!"

I love the answer. It's found just 2 verses away.
"Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servant also will be." John 12:26

The answer is clear. Keep my eyes on Jesus.

This reminds me of my little kids (3 & 4yo) who love to help in the kitchen. When they are following me, I can show them just what to do. If I sent them into the kitchen to make dinner alone, it would be a disastrous mess.

Keeping my eyes on Jesus will hopefully prevent me from a making a big mess.

That said, I am preparing.  Preparing for what?  The next thing. 
Right now I'm working with my children on being able to present the gospel clearly with confidence and love.  I want them to be prepared for the next thing too. 

Here am I, send ME!! 

I'm ready to alter the landscape. 

1 comment:

robbieniccum said...

Oh Girl...I LOVE LOVE LOVE This!!!! it reminds me of Chris Tomlin's latest song (which is our favorite at this moment)

I will follow....

love love love!!!