Saturday, June 19, 2010

Finished But Just Beginning

I had the most incredible week!  5 glorious days with 11 precious kids teaching them about all the ways they were created as unique special people who are loved by God.   That was the theme of our VBS.   And you know what I learned? 

~There is nothing in the world like offering Hope to someone who has absolutely nothing.  Even if they don't understand that they are receiving it. 

~Not everyone lives like we do and has all the luxuries in life that I have. 

~My heart has lots of room that I didn't know it had.  It expands beyond my own little world. 

~There is a position of prayer in which you are on your knees, on your face, sobbing to Lord for someone else's child. 

And I am not the same as I was before last week.  And I don't want to be.  I'm ready for something new and maybe something messy. 

"Whom shall I send?  And who will go for us?"  Isaiah 6:8

And I'm jumping up and down waving my arms and yelling...."MEEEEE!!!"

"And I said, "Here am I.  Send me!"  Isaiah 6:8

So I'm praying and waiting and praying and preparing and praying.

"Direct my footsteps according to your Word."  Ps 119:133

I'm ready!

1 comment:

Jen Reed said...

Where's the "Like" button :-)