"Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him and he will do this: He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun." Psalm 37:5-6
Committing my way to the Lord brings freedom. I no longer need to worry how things will turn out, whine when I don't get my way, or be consumed with the "what if's??".
I've been spending some time in Psalm 37 lately, and with this verse in particular the last couple of days. And as things in my life come to mind that bring concern I've been praying about them on the spot, "committing" them to God and letting it go. Of course, I do have a tendency to revisit the issue on occasion but then I recommit it and go on.
"Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him." Psalm 37:7
I'm thankful that God hold all things together and for the freedom in leaving my burdens with Him.
1 comment:
We're on the same page...I've been chewing on verse 5 for a long time now, especially the "He shall bring it to pass" part. What a relief! It's His work, not mine.
Thanks for the good thoughts, my friend. I've loved the pics of the kids on your recent posts--thanks for that, too.
Miss you!
Wendy
Post a Comment