Monday, July 19, 2010

A Little Bit Of Lately

~I've been working a new schedule again.  Seems like everyone is always growing and changing and so I'm always needing to change stuff to accommodate everyone.   It's a job I enjoy.  Cleaning out my school closet?  That's something I don't enjoy. 

~My boys are playing soccer this fall.  We took a whole season off and I enjoyed all the quiet and extra time at home.  I hafta admit that I missed it too though.  This will be Boy's Club soccer so it'll be totally different than what we're used to.  I'm hoping my oldest son can referee this year. 

~I have this cutsie little camera and I keep forgetting to take it places!  

~I need new pizza pans.  Any suggestions?  (I don't want stone.)

~Eldest made some dough for rolls.  It was a fussy recipe and didn't rise.  I was ready to just throw it out and pull some bread out of the freezer.  But she decided to roll it all out into pizza crusts for the freezer.  They turned out perfectly!  And I was so proud of her for thinking of it. 

~My kids are feeding dogs for a neighbor that's out-of-town.  They came home today with a bowl full of stuff from their garden (w/permission)! 

~No matter how much dinner I make for Saturday night, there never seems to be enough for Sunday lunch. 

~My goldfish pond is looking better.  I'm hoping it's on its way to recovery. 

~When I was little I used to make fun of my mother's towels.  They were so ratty and stained with strings hanging from them.  And I would say, "MY towels will never look like that!"  Well of course my towels look even worse and my mother would laugh if she saw them.  Tired of giving my towels haircuts, I finally broke down and bought a big bunch of kitchen towels from Sams.  All white.   And a bunch of washcloths for napkins.  All blue.  I think I might have paid $20 for all of them.  

My kids went nuts over these and even said we were rich since we have all matching towels in the kitchen AND matching napkins at the table.  

~I have a project underway.  I'm cleaning out the hall closet so Honey can keep all his guitar cases in there.  I haven't gotten very far.  I have a feeling it's one of those things that takes longer to think about than actually do. 

Today's meals....
Breakfast - oatmeal
Lunch - tuna sandwiches
Tea - fresh peaches and milk
Dinner - spaghetti, salad, and bread

1 comment:

Unknown said...

the bit about the new kitchen towels and napkin cloths made me smile - i recently bought new 'flour sack' cloths to rise my bread under - fresh clean and white, and I feel like so rich and ladylike every time i use them :)