This is what I call a creative week. That means I'm low on beef and grocery money. But never fear, my freezer to the rescue. I went shopping in the freezers today to see just what I had. Turns out, I might...just maybe if I'm really really careful...even have money left over by payday. That's my goal anyway.
So here's what it looks like...
Saturday night... 2 chickens, corn-on-the cob, salad, squash casserole, bread, salad, and frozen fruit. Sunday lunch... Maybe with so many choices Sat night, there will be enough left over for Sunday lunch. If not, I'll make broth from the chickens, use the rest of the meat, chop some veggies, and make some soup. Add bread and salad, and there ya go.
Sunday night... date night. Steaks and fries for us, french bread pizzas for kiddos.
Dinners for the week...
Big turkey, baked potatoes
Ziti, salad, corn, bread
Fiesta chicken enchiladas, refried beans, rice
Dinner at church Wed.
Pizza Friday
I'm making a bunch of morning glory muffins for snacks throughout the week. Also, breakfast cookies, and just about anything really b/c I have lots of baking ingredients.
Breakfasts will be cereal, oatmeal, muffins, and omelets for Saturday
I'm doing something new for lunches since Honey is home every day. Most days we have enough left overs to make do for lunch but I've made a standard lunch menu with the same thing for each day of the week for those days that don't happen to have left overs. It makes shopping easier b/c I just have to make sure I always have these ingredients on hand.
Monday - bean burritos
Tuesday - tomato soup and grilled cheese
Wed - tuna sandwiches
Thursday - pizzas
Friday - frito pie
No comments:
Post a Comment