Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Where'd It Go?

Saturday was such a fun morning. All my girls and I went to the thrift store and bought new Easter clothes. We came away with sack fulls of clothes and shoes and lots of smiles. It was fun to be on a girly shopping trip with them all at once.

They scored better than I did but I did come away with a couple of pairs of shoes, jeans, and a new purse. I LOVE my purse! And even though it was at the thrift store it is brand new.

It's a beautiful spring color, just the right size, and instead of closing with a clasp or zipper, it has a pretty ribbon.

So Sunday morning was a little more fun as we were dressing for church. Most of my dressing time was spent switching over my purse. When I had it all packed, I went to the mirror to see how it looked with what I was wearing. You know how you do with new purse. My mirror in my room is small and didn't give a good enough idea of the whole look so I took it to the living room with the full length mirrors.

I spent some time playing with the ribbon. Tying it and retying it. Does it go in a knot or a bow?

Then you know what? I went off to church and left it at home. I know! Of course I didn't realize it until I was in the parking lot. Well there was nothing to do but turn around and go back home. I mean you can't go to Easter service without your Easter purse when you actually HAVE an Easter purse!

2 comments:

the momma said...

you know you can't tease us like that ~ now we need a picture :-)

Unknown said...

Perfectly reasonable (going back for the purse, that is)