
I had some extra money so I decided to surprise Honey and #1 with iTunes cards. Imagine my surprise when I checked out and it printed a coupon for $5 off my groceries! If you need some iTunes cards now's the time to get them...think gift giving.
Also while you're there grab some milk and tuna.
Milk is $1.77 and Chicken of the Sea tuna is $.50
I did a huge shopping trip this week and spent a lot of my April grocery money. I'm not too worried though b/c I think I have enough of most things to make it through the month. Chicken is on sale at Safeway and I plan to grab a few of those. And when my wheat order comes in, I think I'll be good. That should leave me about $300 for produce and stock pile sales for April.
We tried a new tortilla recipe this week that was so good. Tortillas are expensive to buy but cheap to make. If you have a tortilla press, they're pretty easy too. This recipe is not as healthy as our old 100% WW recipe but tons easier to work with and tastes better too.
2 C. each WW flour and bread flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 tsp oil
3/4 C. warm milk
Mix together the flour baking powder, salt, and oil. Slowly add the milk. Knead until firm and soft. Cover in bowl with damp cloth for 20 minutes before rolling out.
Today's meals....
Breakfast - cream of wheat and fruit
Lunch - tuna sandwiches
Dinner - pizza
No comments:
Post a Comment