After having 2 girls in a row we pretty much thought we'd only ever have girls. What a treat to have a son! A perfectly healthy handsome guy. I was also surprised at how different boys were than girls...I mean right from the very beginning. I can't really explain it, but boys are just different. When Christian was a baby I carried him around all the time. ALL the time. He was a perfect baby and never cried.
He hasn't changed much. He has a smile for everyone, is easy to talk to, and fun to be around.
~He is my go-to guy when Honey is gone. He strong, brave, and doesn't mind getting dirty.
~He loves God and his family...especially his dad. (not so much the dogs)
~He's a tremendous athlete and fun to watch. Actually he's an all around gamer and loves them all.
~He's a terrific student. Every homeschool mom's dream.
~He gets his baby brother up every morning for me and brings him upstairs with a clean diaper. He's patient with his occasional night crying.
~His little brothers adore him and want to be just like him.
~He's the romantic type. He think things are special when they are a certain way. He's going to make some woman very happy someday.
~He has extremely expensive taste. (I guess maybe that girl won't be so happy with that one. )
We gave him his present early when we took him to the Rapids game last week. That was FUN!! And I actually teared up being there on the field wondering if I'll be watching him play there someday. Tomorrow is a snow day so probably all soccer games will be cancelled. Sounds like a cozy b-day to me.
His meals...
Breakfast - a huge breakfast that he wants to make with Honey. Eggs, pancakes, biscuits and gravy, hash browns, and sausage.
Lunch - sandwiches. When we were still living in AR, he came to stay with his dad here in CO for awhile. It is a sweet memory for him and he always talks about the fun sandwich stuff that Dad bought. He's had this for his b-days ever since.
Dinner - pizza
Dessert - German chocolate cake and ice cream

(What a difference 4 years make!)

2 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHRISTIAN!!!!
~emilyj
Remember that time we went out to eat and your dad held baby Christian while he fell asleep on his shoulder? Doesn't seem like that long ago....
Post a Comment