Monday, May 05, 2008

Super Deals At Walgreens

I'm really excited about the WG deals this week b/c my friends in AR can do them too.
















On page 5 of the ad there is a page of Register Rewards . Basically you buy 9 of those items and get $20 back.

Here's the deal: On the same page is a coupon for Charmin wipes for 1.99. Cascade is on sale 2/$5 Buy the wipes plus 8 Cascades for a total of $22 +tax. Get $20 back!
Basically you're paying for the wipes and getting 8 detergents for FREE. (Does this make sense?) Of course if the wipes aren't useful to you you could just buy an extra detergent to make the 9th item. The wipes are just the cheapest.

If you're not familiar with Register Rewards it works like this. Buy the participating products and a coupon will print along with your receipt. Use the coupon on anything in WG on your next transaction.

So you can do the first deal, then turn around and use your RR for another identical transaction and only be $2 out of pocket. Of course if you have coupons your OOP will be even less. The $20 RR will print every time.

There are other products included too but the Cascade is among the cheapest, not to mention the most useful for my family. I will probably do this deal several times and get enough soap to last for the year.

Here's some other good deals I noticed:
Printer paper 2.99
foil 2/$1
trash bags 3/36ct @ $6 (after rebate)

A note about rebates: If you get your rebate on a WG gift card they will give you an additional 10% (free money anyone?) This of course brings your trash bags down even lower.

Further back in the ad is another RR page for personal products. See if any of these are useful to you or if you can work up a screamin' deal. Even with coupons, I couldn't find a deal worthwhile there.

8 comments:

the momma said...

aren't you a sweetie!!!
thanks!
now - all I have to do is find the time to actually GO to Walgreens :-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the heads up! I've got to watch my pennies more now because we have to buy a new car to accommodate Baby #3.

Did you also see the deal at King Soopers for gift cards? You can get 10% off a gift card of $300, $600 or $1200. If you have a Rewards Mastercard, you can purchase the gift card on your Mastercard and get points toward free groceries and get the 10% off too! Yeah!
Amanda

Anonymous said...

Oops. I said 10% off the King Soopers gift card. It's actually 10% extra. So I got one worth $330today and paid $300 for it.
:) Amanda

TaggTroop said...

That is good! I'll have to see if it's in my budget this month. Thanks.

PS. I'll need directions to Valley Inn...is it? Help.

Anonymous said...

Just FYI to save you time...I tried the "double whammy" at Walgreens and it didn't work. You can't use the Register Rewards to buy something and get more Register Rewards from it. You have to actually pay for the 9 items in order to get the $20 back. The lady that was helping me was kind enough to return the items I bought with the register rewards, give the rewards back to me and let me do the transaction again with my credit card so I could get the second batch of $20 register rewards. But it took a long time. So don't do that!

I'll swing by at 11:15 on Thursday if that works for you! Soon I'll have a minivan and I can just pick you up!
Amanda

the momma said...

I did it!
thanks for sharing!
I didn't make out like a bandit or anything, cause, like Amanda said - no doubling up.... but I did get about $44 worth of stuff for $17 after rebates. It took an awful lot of time, though ~ over an hour poring over Walgreens ad & Sunday's coupon (All my other coupons had exzpired - I haven't had time to cut any out recently...) and then another hour+ in the store re-figuring, since they were out of some things... and about 15 - 20 minutes at the register...
I guess it just takes a while to get all of this down....

Anonymous said...

now, just don't forget to send in those rebates!

TaggTroop said...

Most excellent info, thanks! That will save me some time tomorrow when I go.

Lana, the cool thing is that you can do your rebates online now. This is new.