Being here on my own with no responsibilities has given me some time to think. Sometimes I don't use my time or money as I should and I usually take both for granted. 10 minutes or 10 dollars may not seem like much but can really amount to quite a bit if I use them wisely. The way someone spends their time and money usually reveals who they are and where their priorities sit.
10 things I'm likely to do with 10 minutes...
1. All kinds of household chores....sweep a room, fold a load of clothes, vacuum.
2. Check e-mail.
3. Write a real hand-written note.
4. Work on my blog.
5. Chat with a friend on the phone. (Nevermind, I always have more than 10 minutes worth to say!)
6. Update my planner or grocery list.
7. Re-organize a drawer or cabinet.
8. Rest.
9. Check the Sunday paper for the weekly sales.
10. Pray!
~~~~~~~~~
10 things I'm likely to do with $10....
1. Have lunch with a friend.
2. Rent a movie.
3. Buy a new pair of flip flops or slippers.
4. Buy new magazines.
5. New flowers for the kitchen.
6. A new book.
7. Ice cream for the family.
8. A t-shirt.
9. Hit some garage sales.
10. Yummy bath supplies.
Unfortunately the sad difference between time and money is that you can save one but not the other. You can't save time you can only manage it. You have to use it all now and then it's gone forever.
I pray that the Lord with help me to be a good steward of His gracious resources.
2 comments:
I did'nt know you still posted!HOORAY!
10 dollars? 10 minutes? That's 60$/hr. Can I stay home since your making that kind of dough? ;-) At least let me take up golf again!
Post a Comment