2 Cor 2:10-11
"If you forgive anyone, I also forgive him. And what I have forgiven--if there was anything to forgive--I have forgiven in the sight of Christ for your sake, in order that Satan might not outwit us. For we are not unaware of his schemes. "
Unforgiveness gives Satan a foot hold in our lives. It is an open door to our hearts for him to come in and wreak havoc.
I tend to be one who can hold a grudge or nurse a wound for a long time. But this week the Lord has shown me why this is so dangerous. And just to make sure I get the point, I was put to the test right away. However, and thanks be to God that he prepared me long in advance.
Not only was I reading about forgiveness in my Bible study but also in the Young Peace Maker books I'm reading aloud to the kids. This particular book teaches 4 promises of forgiveness to help us to forgive from the heart and not just with the words from our lips.
1. I promise I will not dwell on what you did wrong. I will think good thoughts about you and do good for you.
2. I promise I will not bring it up to use against you.
3. I promise that I will not talk to others about what you did.
4. I promise that I will be friends with you again.
Aren't those good?
It's a sweet reminder.
No comments:
Post a Comment