Sunday, April 29, 2007

Today

God sure knew what he was doing when he created the family with 2 parents. It definitely takes 2!

~3yo woke up *screaming* around 2am b/c he wet the bed. I took off his bedding and moved him into 4yo's bed.

~I decided to take everyone to church. I'm trying to keep things as normal as possible. I planned it all out the night before. We would go to the 11am service to give Baby Girl time to take a short nap. I gave the older kids a talk about staying with their buddies. We had full diaper bags. We would sit in the back so as to be able to leave easily if need be. This was all a bad idea! I can not even go into all the reasons that this was a bad idea. It was a huge disaster. I look back now and laugh (sort of) but it wasn't funny this morning.

~I went grocery shopping. I could not think about what I needed. I forgot my list. I left the whole store with something like 12 items total! I came home and still didn't have anything for dinner.

~I got a few boxes and packed some things today.

~I visited with a neighbor and showed her my new sewing machine that my mom gave me. That was nice.

~I didn't cry at all today!!

~I miss Honey. I don't have anyone to spend date night with.

~Baby Z is sleeping in Honey's spot. He's such a love! I could hold him all day and do nothing else.

~My big kids are such a help. #1 is making muffins for breakfast in the morning. That will be a great time saver tomorrow. I hope I am expressing to them how much I appreciate them and what a huge blessing they are. Right now I just think I'm getting through the days. I think they are too. We are trying to find our new rhythm with all this new stuff going on.

~After a bad day with LB yesterday, she has been a sweet and good girl today. I think she was tired or something. She wasn't herself. Today is much better.

~Time to join Baby Z in the bed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm praying for all of you that God's peace and perfect presence will be more real than ever.
Love you,
Susie