Saturday, April 14, 2007

Somethings are not taught

Well, it's official. My son (#6 the 4yo) is about the sweetest kid ever. It really makes me stop and think about how one becomes a sweet (thoughtful) person. I know it's not something taught. If it were, they'd all be thoughtful. My wife is one of the most thoughtful and caring around. Not all my kids consider things to do to be thoughtful as the need arises. #6 does though.

My wife is currently enduring labor pains. She was having one while #6 was doing his usual. (His usual is sitting EXTREMELY close to you and talking as much as he can) I was nearby and started the timer. #6 was probably too close and Mommy, even as sweet as she is, when having labor pains is not always herself. So, I recommended that he just hold her hand and rub it. Well, it was time for breakfast and all the kids boogied up the stairs except #6. He asked his momma what she was going to do...if she's going to eat...cause he wasn't going to if she wasn't. Momma and I just smiled at each other and I coaxed him up the stairs when he looks at me and says, "daddy, call me when she is hurting again so I can come and rub her hand"...

What a good boy.

No comments: